* CASA Home Winterization
Our CASA project team above with happy homeowner.
|On Sunday, November 6th 2005 in New Market for an home-bound, elderly resident. This well planned, special project was led by Mark. We had a wonderful response from our church family. While the men nailed plastic sheetings on the windows, the women dusted and cleaned inside the home. The children, led by Fleta, cleaned up the yard. Bill and Breanna changed light fixtures that were in terrible condition for many years. By the time we left, the homeowner was deeply moved by our efforts. The front porch and home was once more warm and inviting. Our new friend also thanked us for groceries since she only shops once-a-month.
* Collection of blankets, coats, and cash for Tent City in Hurricane Katrina-ravaged
Gulfport, Mississippi. As this area continues to recover, they rely on the generosity of their donors. Pearl led the relief efforts in our church to collect the much needed resources, in a timely fashion.
* Collection of cash to assist the Holbrook Indian School in Arizona. Holbrook Indian School is a Seventh Day Adventist Boarding academy where Native American children may learn and thrive in a loving, accepting, and safe environment. Jean H. has a special burden for this school, and she led this project.
* Mosquito Bed Nets Project for Cameroon, West Africa. Our church family participated in this Loma Linda school International Student Mission Service project. This outreach involved collection of funds for purchase of mosquito nets that will be distributed in Africa. For many children and families in Africa, malaria is a leading cause of death. A mosquito net is vital in saving a life. Thanks to Darlene and Michael S. initiatives, we were able to assist Loma Linda in purchasing a total of 2,000 nets.
* Collection of Toiletries for SAPPS Women's Shelter. Darlene drew attention on the great needs of the Sapp Shelter for women and children at the Downtown Rescue Mission. The church responded by donating travel-size toiletries that included soap, shampoo, moisterizers, toothbrushes, deodorants, and etc.
* Helpline Gift Wrap with proceeds to women's shelter. Our church family has been involved with gift wrapping at Madison Square Mall and Parkway City Mall, during the holiday season, for the last two years. Harvest of Grace has been invited to participate again in 2006. Please contact Neelam if you are interested in participating.
* Waveland, Mississippi Hurricane Katrina Reconstruction
|A group of members treked out in a once-in-a lifetime adventure to Waveland, Mississippi to assist with the recovery from March 19-26, 2006. The destruction in Waveland was horrific. Many residents endured loss of family and property damage. Our church team assisted with the rewiring couple homes. They shared their moving stories and pictures with the church family. Bill passionately led this effort and is organizing another effort to return October 8-15.
|Aaron, a licensed Electrician, mentors church team with wiring two homes free-of-charge in Waveland, MS.|